Thursday, May 05, 2011

Por que es el cinco de mayo: Guacamole...

For cinco de mayo, a re-post of my favorite guacamole recipe, from last year:


2 avocados
1 Roma tomato - not those big-ass, flavorless beefsteaks - seeds removed, diced
1 small onion or 1 - 2 green onions, chopped
1 jalapeño, chopped, with or without seeds and vein (I prefer to keep all that in)
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (for me, the more the better)
juice of 1 lime
a little salt to taste

Mix it up, go to town. Repeat as necessary.

And if you want a good salsa to go with that, try this salsa del norte recipe from The Border Cookbook by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison that I made for my Arizona post from December 2010.

1 comments:

theminx said...

Once upon a time, in the 70s, beefsteak tomatoes actually had flavor. At least the locally-grown ones we'd buy at the Broadway Market did. Those days are long gone.