Sunday, May 23, 2010

Graul's Cupcakes

While the rest of Baltimore's foodie world was enjoying the foodie stylings of Anthony Bourdain & Eric Ripert, I was singing my little diaphragm out with the Baltimore Men's Chorus (when we have some video up on YouTube I will post a link). Nothing inherently food-related about that. But I do have to comment on the substantial cupcakes we and our audience had during intermission. These were from Graul's, and they came in two versions, both in a yellow pound cake sort of cake: thick vanilla frosting which also tasted a little cream cheesy (whether there was cream cheese in it or not I don't know, but it was rich enough it might as well have been), and an equally rich chocolate fudge icing. I've rarely had edible cupcakes from a supermarket. That's Graul's for you!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Graul's cupcakes are faaaaaabulous. I'm a bit of a fan of the strawberry icing/white cake variety.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Their carrot cake is also DELICIOUS!!!!! In fact, I'm jut a huge fan of their bakery department in general.