Friday, February 05, 2010

Owin fixin' ta not gao aout inna snaow

This is not addressed to anyone in particular, but y'all will understand the sentiment:

People, when a major snowstorm hits, why do you go and flood all the supermarkets with your presence? Seriously nobody needs THAT much toilet paper, bread or milk over a three day period.  Honestly, just whisper the word "snowstorm" around these parts and people act like they're hunkering down for Y2K.  It's not the end of the world, people.


Jen said...

For this one, Accuweather and other outlets aren't helping - using words like "crippling" and advising people to have provisions for 3-5 days at home. I still boggle at how much TP people think they'll need in 5 days...

Also, a lot of people don't cook anymore. Eating out is epidemic, and if you're faced with a few days of no restaurants? Aiiieee, panic!

diningdish said...

Not yet but 2012 isn't far away. I just like to cook when locked in the house but I'm prepared. I'll clean out the freezer.

Gucci Giant's lot last night at 10 p.m. was packed. Hubby wanted a spare jar of mayo. I told him I would make it from scratch if we need it...not hard.

Enjoy the snowapocalypse