Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lunch at Yia Yia's of Essex

I did not realize tht Yia Yia's Bakery on Philadelphia Road had a sandwich special. I usually just go over to the cookie counter. But for $5 you can get a sandwich of the day. Today was Hot Italian, with several Boar's Head meats and some cheeses, warm, on ciabatta bread made at the bakery. Instead of eating in the bright dining room, with the special eating area sectioned off and backed with a mural of Greek pillars, I went ahead and got it as take-out. Along with this came some chocolate meringues (25 cents each). The sandwich was filling, with juicy cold (er, hot) cuts and slightly melted cheeses. All this came with a tangy spread on top and a pickle to finish it off. I just wish they had removed the hard string of skin from one of the cold cuts, but apart from that it was a cheap sandwich I would get again.

0 comments: