Monday, September 14, 2009

Dinner after an exceptionally bad weekend

It's been a long end to a long day, after a very long and dark weekend. But my father's finally in the hospital getting what he needs to make him better. Of course I'm still worried, but anyone would be. Fortunately they let my mother stay with him. Very devoted they are.

After work (part time) tonight I went back to their house, but not before stopping at home to pick up some dinner. I just went ahead and grabbed it and brought with. Pesto pasta with roasted red peppers and broiled cherry - actually, "candy" - tomatoes haven't been as comforting before as it is now. I just feel - knocking on wood here - that everything might just be okay, since it sure as hell wasn't 24 hours ago.

1 comments:

Mairead said...

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts, for what that's worth. I hope that everything's uphill from here. (And cherry tomatoes only get more comforting from here on out as well. :) )