Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting to the Great Cilantro Divide

Josh Kurz despises cilantro. To him, it smells like soap and tastes horrible. He's not alone - many people he knows are exactly like him. As he reports for NPR, people seem to fall into either one of two cilantro-defined groups, those (like him) who hate it, and those (like me and most of the people I know) who love it.

I read the report on the NPR website, but if you want you can listen to it instead, just by clicking on the "Listen" link on the page.

5 comments:

Nanc Twop said...

I don't need to hear it... I'm one of the 10% that thinks it tastes like soap. Also, grapefruits are unbearably bitter, and I can't imagine why anyone would choose to eat one. I wonder how many cilantro haters also dislike grapefruit?

*Mom gave me an orange when everyone else had grapefruit at breakfast - she believed me since I'd refused grapefruit since I was tiny.

But obviously I'm in the minority... and so will have to register with the govt as an oppressed group...

roopa said...

My brother is a major cilantro hater. He says it tastes like garbage mixed with soap. I, on the other hand, LOVE IT and would put it in everything if I could. How odd!

Have you seen this site? Aforementioned brother is a member of it, tee hee.

Meghan said...

I can eat it.. but it's my least fave!

John said...

It's so funny to hear all these tales of bloggers and relatives that can't stand cilantro. I mean, I can't get enough of the stuff. It is seriously one of my most favorite herbs!

Pigtown*Design said...

ick