Thursday, June 19, 2008

What a walk!

I am impressed with me. The other day I took a walk from my apartment in the Lake Walker section of the city - about a 10 minute walk from York Road, and 20 minutes walk from the Senator. I know this because I've been feeling the pinch of the gas crunch and driving as little as I can, especially on short hops. I walked to Towson University last week. But this week? I went by foot from my apartment to the Charles Street Eddie's of Roland Park, then onward along Lake Avenue to the Mount Washington Whole Foods, then back up Lake Avenue, stopping only at Bonjour Cakes and Cookies (and the Royal Farm - water!), and finally right back to my apartment.

Total miles walked? 8 miles. Yay me! Of course, my feet were sore and I just vegged on the couch the rest of the day but it was worth it.

7 comments:

theminx said...

That's quite a haul to Eddie's! I'm in Rodgers Forge, a block off Bellona, and I probably wouldn't make the trek. But I'm lazy.

How was Bonjour?

The Baltimore Babe said...

That is nice! Wish that I could walk that much everyday!

John said...

BB: So do I. So I seize that opportunity when I can...

Minx: Bonjour was okay. I wouldn't go out of my way to go again.

Wandering Appalachian said...

That's awesome! I hope that you were wearing comfortable shoes with lots of support!

Nanc Twop said...

Walking
and
Snacking...

Its all good - 'Congrats!'

Pigtown*Design said...

geeeezzzz you're taking you life in your hands walking on Lake Ave. No sidewalks!!!

John said...

Yeah, the no sidewalk thing was annoying, even more so on Charles because there's just so much more traffic. But for most of the Lake Ave. walk I walked facing the traffic so I at least could see what I was in for. Plus there's one sharp bend that I knew I had to stay away from - this pickup swerved around it as fast as possible. I'd be roadkill thanks to that idiot.