Wednesday, May 14, 2008

SoCal ain't got NUTHIN' on us.. in terms of AGGRESSIVE DRIVING!?

I just turned on WJZ. Apparently, Charm City drivers ain't so charming on the road, where we rank #4 in overall aggressive and bad driving habits, behind Miami, Boston and New York and just ahead of Washington. We specifically rank #4 in using cell phones while driving, #3 in speeding, and #1 in eating while driving (hence the post on this blog). And here I figured I was just bringing what I learned in SoCal to Maryland. Texting and emailing while driving (!) were new big problems for the past year.

What's even more surprising: the most polite drivers are from Pennsylvania! Pittsburgh ranks as the most polite driving city, followed by Portland, OR., Seattle, Minneapolis and Cleveland. I still can't get over Pittsburgh being the politest driving city. In my last four years driving in Maryland again, it always seemed that Pennsylvania drivers were consistently the most aggressive on Maryland roads! (No offense to Pennsylvanians - that's just what I've experienced).

2 comments:

Cham said...

Absolutely not, I completely disagree, that study is wrong wrong wrong. If you want to see proof simply take your bike to the NCRT bike trail. While crossing the roads in Maryland just about every driver will come to a complete stop and allow bicyclists to cross the road in front of their cars. Cross the line on the trail into PA and even the Pennsylvania farm tractors will mow a bicyclist down at every opportunity. Those PA drivers are the vision of aggression.

John said...

I guess it's just scarier on the other side of the Mason-Dixon Line...