Saturday, March 15, 2008

And yes you may leave a message about how happy YOU are that I'M turning 35. *

Damn, it's my birthday today. I'm no longer in my early 30's. Of course, those of you who are older than I am are probably just shaking your heads saying, "35? Damn, kid, stop whining."

First off, thank you for calling me "kid," and second, you're right - I'll be saying that too in a few years.

And what better way for a Sondheim fan to celebrate his 35th birthday than by listening to the only musical written around a man trying to deal with his friends throwing him a poorly-hidden surprise party on his 35th birthday? I can't think of one, either! I went and saw this version of Company in New York twice, once in its closing week. Raúl Esparza is damn good. And he's a looker, too.

This is the title song from Company. I don't think you can get in trouble for linking to someone else's illegally recorded program, right?



If it is, just skip that one and watch this shortened version of "Side by Side by Side" from PBS's much more legally uploaded video:



I'm just getting cake from my family (they wanted to do more but I wouldn't let them), and going to a friend's St. Patrick's Day party later in the evening. My family is probably throwing a party, but I'm counting that St. Patrick's Day thing as a second party, even though it's not for me. My birthday and St. Patrick's Day have always been intertwined, me being born so close to it and all.

* The entire quote: "Hi this is Bob. yes, today is my birthday. And yes, you may leave a message about how happy you are that I'm turning 35. And whatever you're calling about, the answer is 'Yes'."

7 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip to the Netherlands. Try and get out of Amsterdam and see some of the country.

Malnurtured Snay said...

Happy Birthday!

Kit Pollard said...

Hey - happy birthday yesterday!

Can't wait to read about your Brewer's Art dinner, too. I haven't been there in a long time...it's so good...

And have a great trip! Take tons of pictures!

roopa said...

Sorry I'm late on this - happy birthday!!!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good one! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

I apologoze for being late.

John said...

Thanks everyone!