Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Best of 2007 Part IV: Some non-food favorites of '07

Here's the last of my Best of 2007 posts, I promise. These are just for perspective:

Fave Baltimore attraction - The Aquarium, but only on winter Fridays after 5 when it's half price for admission.

Fave Baltimore musuem - The Lewis Museum of Maryland's African-American History. No half price admission that I know of. Their cafeteria, by the way, has some damn good fish. By the way, did you know the President Street Civil War Museum is closed down?

Fave movie - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Fave stage play or musical - Company revival (this despite, yes, Evil Dead: The Musical)

Fave YouTube video - Oh my God, shoes.



Runner-up: Chad Vader's "Chocolate Rain"



Honorable Mention 1: Alanis Morrisette does Fergie.




Honorable Mention 2: that "Mexican Breakfast"-"Walk It Out" video. I hope it doesn't get pulled by YouTube this time.



Fave console game - Okami

Fave TV Show - Doctor Who, followed by Mad Men and CSI

Fave radio show - Yes, I have a favorite radio show. It's NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me

Fave book - The World Without Us by Alan Weisman, followed closely by World War Z by Max Brooks. The former is being turned into a TV special on the History Channel but I cannot find anything about it. The latter is being turned into a movie, which hopefully won't suck.

Fave song - This will sound strange, but: "Gimme More Shoes," the Britney Spears - Kelly mashup:



Favorite planet - Earth. Well I guess that was an easy one.

One thing I'm proud of in 07 - My heart is healthier than that of most men my age! My intestines, not so much. Oh, and staying at my current weight

One thing I'm not proud of in 07 - The amount of money I spent eating out. I need to pay bills. Look what I do for you guys!!!

One thing I'm looking forward to in 08 - Amsterdam in March!

One thing I'm not looking forward to in 08 - one more year of grad school 8-P And the election.

And lastly: One New Year's Resolution - I am going to try to cook one recipe from as many of my cookbooks as possible. If I limit it to one a week, I will run out of weeks, so I'll limit it to the more interesting cookbooks. This includes any cookbook I buy during 2008. And I will write about each of these recipes, too.

2 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

FInally saw the 2nd part of CYbermen on Dr. Who, that was filmed on my old street in cardiff.

John said...

That's so cool - the closest I ever came to something like that was seeing my elementary school on the 6:00 news. When I was actually IN elementary school.