Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Remember, remember, the 5th of **HIC** December...

Today is Repeal Day, the day that drunkards and all non-temperate folks in America celebrate the repeal of the 18th Amendment, prohibiting the sale of alcohol in the United States (which really only exacerbated it - speakeasy and organized crime, anyone?). Oh, the amendment that repealed it on this date in 1933? The 21st.

So drink 'em if you got 'em. I would urge y'all to go out to the local pub, but since there are is three inches of snow on the ground outside (and it hasn't stopped), that's pretty fruitless. And I don't want drunks on the road anyway - the sober people are driving bad enough in this weather!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, everyone came to their senses. Life is better with cocktails.

John said...

Good to hear. Yes, it is much better with some sort of cocktail or drink. So I assume the cocktail party went well! :) And I hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I lost my voice after the party. If that tells you anything.