Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Dangerous Love Affair with Geresbeck's Bakery

I love Geresbeck's.* Their bakery has become a dangerous stop on my way from work to home, diet-wise at least. On an tangential note, I thought I had been gaining weight recently. I'm not overweight, though I do have a wee gut. Anyway, I returned to they gym after a few weeks away. Turns out I've actually lost weight! Woo-hoo! Now to try fitting into those 31" waist jeans. But that'll only happen if I lay off Geresbeck's wonderful chocolate-top tea cookies. They are light years ahead of Giant's. The cookie is butterier, and their chocolate is cholocatey-er. I can' bring myself to go back to Giant for their cookies again. I have yet to try Geresbeck's smearcake (or is it "smearcase"?) But if I lose anymore willpower I will. My waistline won't be happy, but my mouth probably won't mind.

* pronounced "GURSH-becks"

5 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

is the place that that warlock won the lotto?

John said...

Don't think it is, but Ron Matz is sure fond of the place. He won a cake there I think and took it back to Don and Marty and the goofballs at WJZ.

Rachel said...

I love Geresbeck's! And it totally is smearcase. Trust me, I know.

Mary said...

oh man, their gigantic eclairs are amazing! I could eat the whole thing at once.

awb said...

Maryanna, I didn't think anyone could eat a whole eclair? They're huge!