Sunday, February 04, 2007

Chipotle Gourmet Burritos and Tacos

I gotta hand it to Chipotle. For a fast food place they do have a tasty menu. Though I'm not exactly sure just how authentically Mexican their fajita-style burrito is (meat with peppers and onion instead of beans), it's still quite good. I'm eating one now (take-out, from the one at Arundel Mills) with pork, rice, green peppers, onion, hot tomatillo-red salsa, sour cream, corn with red onion bits, and guacamole on the side. And I know I'm not going to finish this thing tonight. Way too much food for my stomach. Very yummy. And funny thing, too: like the UK's Pret-a-Manger, Chipotle is also affiliated with Micky D's

One thing I am not fond of? Their website's "mystery meat" navigation. I hate it when people get all pretentious and/or cute with their Flash-based web pages. If you want to find out about their food, click the flashing thing at the top of the circle that pops up on your screen. Confused? You will be!


And what's up with that Chiapas-meets-Ikea motif they've got going in their restaurant? Ah, screw it. it's still a good burrito.


Photo taken from http://eastontowncenter.com, website from the Easton Town Center, Columbus, Ohio (It's the only photo I could find that showed what I'm talking about. Look for the wall decoration on the left wall.)

1 comments:

texaswatch said...

Who wouldn't like this food? I've always liked about Texas food its condiments and Mexican influence.