Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Party in Hampden, Hon!

Visited some of my friends in Hampden tonight for their big, annual Holiday Party. They are big on wine, but I am not. Fortunately it was a BYOB (bring yer own beer) kinda deal, so I came with my little six pack of Guinness. Yummm. Plus, we saw the wonderful, famous 34th street lights in Hampden, which I took a long movie of with my little modded CVS one-time use camcorder that I tinkered with (using instructions found on the web) in order to make it reusable. Got almost 12 minutes of video!

Culinarily, not much going on, but one guy made a delicious pound cake. Also, the hosts had a yummy cake from the people who make Berger's cookies. These are an underdiscussed treasure in Bawlmer, I think, and people outside of the state - hell, the city - are so unfortumate that they do not know these things. Wonderful shortbread cookies covered with an equally thick amount of chocolate fudge. The cake was similarly simple and yummy - three yellow layers of cake, with a thin layer of rich chocolate icing. All this Berger yumminess bought at Lexington Market, where Berger's has a kiosk. It wins raves, richly deserved raves.

Also bought the hosts a rosemary bush at Whole Foods for $9.99. Nice smelling, but I never realized just how sticky a rosemary bush can be.

5 comments:

danielle said...

Sounds like a good party. While I love sweets, I strangely do not care for Berger's cookies, but maybe I'll try the cake sometime.

John said...

Oh but I love those cookies! The cake is god, though, but I can't find it in the grocery store.

John said...

GOOD, the cake is GOOD! It's the cookies that are divine, though!

kris said...

I had their Gingerbread men. Yum. :)

John said...

Oooh yum, I didn't even know they made gingerbread men!