Saturday, April 23, 2011

Peep Invasion!

I'm getting dangerously close to not being thirty-something anymore (that's one way to put it), and my mother still buys Easter candy for my sisters and me. I'm not really into the whole "Easter candy" thing anymore. I haven't been for about 20 years now. Of course, there is a small handful of Easter candies I will still go for again and again. I will never turn down a good old Mary Sue Easter Egg - you know, the vanilla butter cream variety. With rising prices, however, I'm not buying so many Cadbury Creme Eggs (though I would buy a few just to do what those guys from UNottingham did in that awesomely geeky video in the last post).

And of course, there are those Peeps. That's the other Easter candy I cannot avoid despite my better judgment. It's something you look at and you're all like "Bee-yotch, I don't need you." And then you eat one and before you know it you have devoured the whole damn package (Fool, please. You know your ass needs me!) I have been known to kill an entire package of 20 Marhsmallow Bunny Peeps in the course of two or three hours, before it ever gets to that much better "Hard Peep" stage. It's an addiction I know I will never escape. I wanted to do one of those Peep Dioramas that are so popular. Won't happen. The Peeps will all be eaten before it ever comes to that.

Unless you do the tried and true "Blow up a Peep in the microwave" thing and it goes, well, kind of wrong:




1 comments:

Kitt said...

Hahahaha! Awesome.