Friday, January 05, 2007

EXTERMINATE! Dalek Marshmallows and Chocolate Coins



This is too cute, in a terrifying kind of way. Daleks are the evil lumps-of-life-inside-machines in the Doctor Who universe that live solely for the purpose of killing and (if they are having a good day) enslaving all living things. Anyone who has watched DW knows just how terrifying the Daleks truly are (This includes, for example, most of the UK - the show is damn popular in England, and not doing so bad on our own BBC America or SciFi Channel)

And now you can buy them in tin form, wherein lie evil marshmallows and killer chocolate coins. Charles bought this for me as a gift at the local Tesco grocery store near his flat in London. The marshmallows are round, too.

5 comments:

Malnurtured Snay said...

"Now, Dalek, who is killing whom? Ah, you are tasty!"

Pigtown*Design said...

I just have to tell you that I moved back to Baltimore from Cardiff where Dr. Who is filmed. They shot the sort of Night of the Living Dead episodes across from my house. The scenes where they do the power plant in Cardiff were just round the way from us. Also, my car is in the Cybermen episode in the 2nd season. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

John said...

Wow, that is so cool! I only wonder if you were around for the filming of Torchwood. That Cardiff accent fascinates me - I have never heard it before Dr. Who / Torchwood.

Pigtown*Design said...

I don't think I was there for Torchwood, or else I didn't know about it. The accent is a lot broader and more sing-songy than English accents. If you've ever seen "Little Britain" and I am SURE they don't show it here, they have a character called "the only gay in the village" and you can really hear the accents in those sketches. It's supposed to be in a place called Llandwy Brewy or something like that and one of the other characters is called Mfynwy, except it's got 2x more letters.

I have the first season of Dr. Who on DVD and get homesick for Cardiff when I watch.

Thanks for the nice shout-out on your blog. That's very nice.

John said...

You're welcome. I have seen Little Britain on BBC America, but it's easier to just buy it at Best Buy. I have seen "the only gay in the village" - who doesn't realize that he isn't! Very funny!